Admission to the MOTHERRS League is based on the following rules:
- Skaters must be age 40 or over on the date of the first regular season game. (Goalies can be any age.)
- Currently the league has eight teams consisting of 11 skaters and one goalie. Therefore the league is limited to a total of 96 players.
- Players will be accepted in the following order. (Note that if your payment does not arrive by the deadline then your seniority is lost for that session.):
- You played in the previous season based on below:
- Fall session - If you played the previous Winter session you will be guaranteed a slot.
- Winter session - If you played the previous Fall session you will be guaranteed a slot.
- Summer session - Based on seniority. Playing in this session does not guarantee a slot in the Fall session. It does count in the total number of seasons played.
- In summary, if you continually play in the Fall and Winter sessions then you will always have a slot in the Fall and Winter sessions.
- You played in a past season or seasons in the MOTHERRS League. Ties will be broken in the following order:
- The number of seasons played (including summers.)
- When I received your payment.
- You have never played before in our league. Priority is based on when I received your check.
- Checks are usually not cashed until the week before the season begins.
- Checks are not cashed if you have not been accepted into the upcoming session.
- At this time players who skip a session or more for injuries or other circumstances will be re-admitted based on the rules above. There is no special re-admission. This is done to ensure that players who play in the Fall and Winter sessions do not lose their seniority to any other players.